Using the WhatsApp chat app on your smartphone may have become a normal thing for you. Well, for those of you who are just starting to use the WhatsApp service on PC, you can do it using a browser or the WhatsApp app on PC.
If you are just starting to use WhatsApp through a browser on your PC, there are several tips that can help you feel more comfortable and easier. In this article we will reveal some tips on using WhatsApp Web, summarized from Make Use Of.
Here are some tips for using WhatsApp Web
1. WhatsApp keyboard shortcuts
To get the most out of WhatsApp on a computer, you need to learn a few shortcuts. If you take advantage of this, you are guaranteed to be able to perform various functions quickly! Here is a list of keyboard shortcuts in WhatsApp Web:
- – Ctrl + N: Start a new discussion
- – Ctrl + Shift + ]: Next chat
- – Ctrl + Shift + [: previous chat
- – Ctrl + E: Chat file
- – Ctrl + Shift + M: end chat
- – Ctrl + Backspace: Delete chat
- – Ctrl + Shift + U: Mark as unread
- – Ctrl + Shift + N: create a new group
- – Ctrl + P: open profile status
See alsoHow to use WhatsApp Web
2. Type and search emojis using the keyboard
Instant messaging wouldn’t be complete without emojis. However, sometimes it takes a long time to find the emoji you want. Even if you are careful, sometimes you will miss the emoji you want.
The good news is that there is a quick and easy way to find the emoji you want. In the chat box, just type “Shift +;, it will display the symbol:”. Then enter the first two letters of the emoji you want to display. For example, you can see the image below.
3. Use multiple WhatsApp accounts on one PC
Some people have two phones with different WhatsApp accounts. It can also happen that people have two different numbers and decide to run two WhatsApp applications on one phone.
Whatever the reason, if you want to run two WhatsApp accounts on one computer, it will be a bit of a hassle. You cannot open two WhatsApp tabs in one browser and log in separately.
If you want to log in to WhatsApp Web with a different account, there are several solutions. The easiest way is to open one tab in normal mode and another tab in incognito mode. Thanks to this, you can use one account in normal tabs and another in incognito mode.
You can also use two different browsers at the same time. For example, the first WhatsApp web you used in Google Chrome. You open another WhatsApp Web in the Opera browser.
4. Read chat without blue mark
The blue mark indicates if the message has been read. This feature can be easily disabled on the phone. However, this feature cannot be disabled on WhatsApp Web.
However, there is a “clever” way to prevent the blue mark from appearing. You can read how to do it below:
- – Open chat on WhatsApp Web
- – Open Notepad or another app. Then resize to see the entire conversation behind it.
- – Click on the Notepad file and leave the cursor there. This is important to fool the computer. This way the computer thinks you are opening another application even if you are reading a message.
- – Messages are listed in the background chat window, which you can still read without changing the color of the mark. At this point, the mark is grayed out, meaning the message was received but not read.
- – If you want to change the brand color, just go to WhatsApp web. Otherwise, you can close WhatsAppWeb.
ReadThis is also a way to review WhatsApp messages that have been deleted by the sender.
What tricks have you tried for WhatsApp Web?